Without much ado about anything let us come to the point straight – A well planned, well- crafted, well placed business sign is crucial in making a staggering first impression on past, present and potential customers and also in building that ultimate brand awareness.
Your brand is not simply your logo but is an all encompassing experience that has an enormous effect on whether or not clients decide to do business with you. Your brand permeate everything you do such as your websites, newspaper ads, magazine, sales promotions and last but not the least your BUSINESS SIGNS. Face this; with your business signage you either draw people in or simply push them away
A recent survey has been commissioned by FedEx Office, in conjunction with Ketchum Global Research & Analytics, for measuring the significance of business signage and its impact on consumers
- Nearly 76% of consumers (8 in 10) said they had entered a store or business they had never visited before based simply on its signs. (FedEx)
- Nearly 75% indicated that they had told others about a business simply based on its signage. (FedEx)
- About 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services. (FedEx)
- About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye. (FedEx)
- Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business. (FedEx)
- Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%. (UC)
- Over 50% of survey respondents indicated that poor signage (e.g., poor quality, misspelled words) deters them from entering a place of business. (FedEx)
- 38% of large companies with multiple locations identified branding/image as the most important purpose of effective signage, while small firms and single establishments perceived signs to be most important for making their business stand out and for helping customers find their location. (UC)
- Legibility was chosen by both consumers and businesses as the most important characteristic of signs. (UC)
Business signage provides constant and uninterrupted advertising for your business. Your signage will work for you 24/7/365 days. A well designed signage will effectively communicate the overall presence and professionalism of your business.
As Typically an Advertising Tool Your Business Signage Can —
- Increase awareness of your brand, product, service and business
- Promote your special offers and products
- Communicate business information
- Enhance the impact of other media campaigns
Whether your focus is to encourage shopping, create an impulse, promote brand awareness or promote service for future purposes, a well placed and well crafted business signage can help.
Enormous Importance of Signage in Today’s Business Environment
Business landscape has changed dramatically. So has the role of business signage. Interesting studies reveal; within the retail economy of United States, business signage has broken all the pits and boundaries of tradition. Signage now stands for all the popular advertising options. Owing to its enormous importance, signage has surpassed print, radio, TV and also the direct mail advertisements.
As things stand now; business signs can successfully, efficiently and attractively carry out the crucial communication function. Signage also stands tall as an exclusive asset to the ‘business’ it advertises.
Here Are the 5 Reasons to Opt for Outdoor Signage for Your Business
Cost Effective Form of Advertising: Needless to say; signage is still considered as one of the most effective yet inexpensive forms of advertisement. In fact; refreshing your business’s marketing message has become cost-sensitive and this is where outdoor sign remains as a cost effective solution coupled with its limitless opportunities.
Signage Increases Your Business Profitability: An interesting report from the University of San Diego reveals; an addition of one on-premise sign increased the annual sales of 4.75%. Moreover; the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) estimated, signage can generate traffic up to 20%-45% for businesses.
Signage Offers The Ultimate Flexibility To Refresh Messages: That’s right; changeable signage can provide you with the option to take on-demand changes to reach more audience without spending an arm and a leg. With an outdoor business signage you are free to substitute the graphics or content easily whenever you may want to.
Signage Builds The Brand Awareness Quickly: Indeed signage is the best way to attract attention. It also allows you the ultimate flexibility to tell your brand’s story in public in a crisp manner.
Signage is a Versatile Solution: Face this; the sheer versatility of your business signs provides you with the platform for brand and business promotion.
Here’s a quick glance @ What an Effective Signage Program Can Achieve for Your Business
- Your business signage can act as a cost efficient marketing tool
- It can help promote your brand, service and products
- Your signage can communicate the most essential business information
- It brands your business
- Signage commands attention
Takeaway? Businesses need to develop fool-proof advertisement strategy, of which well crafted, high-visibility and well planed signage campaign should be a top priority
Effective business signs should be attention grabbing and informative. Your business signage therefore should offer that ultimate sense of expertise about the service and products you offer. It is therefore incredibly important to consider what your sign says, how brilliant it looks and where it should be positioned.
Here are some tips for what to include in your signage, which design or color to consider and also where to install the signage.
Basic Information to include in your retail / store front signage
Your store front signage should feature easy to read, well maintained, well lit and tidy signage. In addition to your brand name your signage should also include what your business does. Proper installation is also very important; for instance, there should not be any obstructions from trees, other buildings or power lines.
Basic Information to include in mobile signage
Signage displayed on billboards, side of truck or van should include your business logo, name and your contact number. If in case you operate a storefront, include its physical address. If you have website include the URL as well.
A few additional elements to include in mobile signage
- Call to action: Your signage should not only inform, but it should also tell people what you may want them to do.
- Slogan: Content is the King and a short, easy to remember and snappy slogan will help in boosting your brand image.
Design Elements to consider for your business signage
Color: Yes, it is the most important element of any effective signage. Bold colors are always appealing as long as the text and background colors contrast
Text: When it boils down to the text your top priority should be the readability of the signage. Remember; a mix n match of upper- and lowercase letters is easier to read than texts made up of only capital letters.
Typeface: Go with a simple typeface, which can be read at a glance. Also, stay away from using two different fonts.
Location & Size to consider
First; your outdoor signage should be large enough to be seen from afar. Try to install the signage close to your business actual location.
On the other hand; you should place your indoor signs at just the appropriate areas. For instance; install customer service signs near return window or at the cash counter. You can also put sales signs right in front of the sale items.
Your signage is not a mere label for your business. People see, read and comprehend your signage, they link your signage to something, which they may want or need.
As a responsible business owner you simply can’t afford to ignore this lead generating & sales generating resource – your business signage.